This is one of the easiest to make. There are no rules for cooking. You can use your own quantity of ingredients your choice based on the requirements. Most of my culinary “adventures” are a combination of cook books and kitchen experiments. Here is how I made Prawns in garlic and chilli sauce. it’s easy. I made this with common ingredients.
Recipe type: Curry | Cuisine: Seafood
- 1 kg uncooked king prawns
- Garlic paste (3 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon ginger wine
- 1 tablespoon chilly sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- Salt to taste
To make it:
- Peel prawns leaving tail intact, remove back vein. Or it is easier to purchase peeled and de-veined prawns.
- Combine prawns in a bowl with garlic paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, and 1 tablespoon of corn flour. Mix well.
- After 10 minutes, heat two tablespoons of cooking oil in a frying pan, and fry prawns for 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon corn flour with oyster sauce, water, ginger wine, chilly sauce, and tomato sauce.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan, sauté onion, and capsicum for 2 minutes.
- Add prawns and corn flour mixture, stir for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add salt to taste.
Note: The curry you just made is delicious, but try eating it with plain rice, or flavored rice. You will love it. try and add a pinch of ginger to the curry as it could improve your eating experience.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes| Serves: 4 – 6 people
Note: Love what you cook, and enjoy your meal.